It’s been said that we’re always in at least one of three seasons of life:
- We’re in the middle of something
- We’re about to be in something
- We just got out of something
That “something” is usually a difficult season in our lives. It’s never really a matter of “will” we have a difficult season, it’s a matter of “when.”
You may not necessarily find yourself in tough times today, but God’s Word tells us that we all will experience dry and difficult seasons. They may be seasons of loneliness, seasons of lack, or seasons when we just don’t feel like God is with us.
The good news is that God’s Word is also filled with hopeful promises that He is with us in every season of life, especially the dark and difficult ones.
Truths for Today
So next time you find yourself in tough times, consider these 10 truths — 10 promises — that God has given to us in His Word:
- Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
- Psalm 9:9-10 The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who seek you.
- Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
- John 16:33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.
- Philippians 4:6-7 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength.
- Psalm 18:6 In my distress I called on the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.
- Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer. My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
- Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
Take some time today and thank God for your season. Even though it may be tough, there’s something that Christ is working out in you through this time that may not have happened without being in this season. Trust that He is in control, and lean into His rest and provision for your life.