Households affected by homelessness in 2016:
- 687 families were living in emergency shelters.
- 476 were living in transitional shelters.
- 735 are unsheltered
Total= 1,932 families were homeless in 2016.
- 2 percent are children under 18.
- 5 % are 18-24 years old.
- 3% are over the age of 24.
- People who are at risk of becoming homeless are people with medical problems including mental health issues who have no income and family support (32 %).
- People released from prison/jail (18%)
- People who are living in hotels and motels (15%)
- And people who are experiencing financial hardships and are faced with imminent eviction (14 %). Loss of job income (59 %) and medical issues (10%) are the top two reasons why people end up homeless.